A piece of good news for all the Indians came this afternoon from Pakistan. Global Terrorist and 26/11 Mastermind Hafiz Saeed have been arrested in Pakistan. As per the reports, he has been arrested from Lahore and has been sent to judicial custody.
Table of Contents
- 1 Breaking Points:
- 2 Who arrested Hafiz Saeed?
- 3 Pressure from FATF on Pakistan lead to Arrest of Hafiz Saeed?
- 4 What charges are imposed on Hafiz Saeed?
- 5 Impact and Reactions from India:
- 6 Here is how Twitter Reacts on Hafiz Saeed arrest in Pakistan:
- 7 Few Reactions from Pakistan on the arrest of Terrorist Hafiz Saeed:
- Global Terrorist Hafiz Saeed, been sent to judicial custody
- Hafiz Saeed was arrested when he was on his way to Gujranwala
- As per sources, the step was taken due to continous pressure from FATF to act against terror outfits and terrorists
Who arrested Hafiz Saeed?
Saeed was arrested by Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) of Pakistan’s Police. Hafiz Saeed was the chief of Jamat ud Dawa(JuD). He was arrested when he was traveling to Gujranwala. There have been a few inputs from sources that Hafiz Saeed will challenge the cases against him in the court. Earlier this year, Masood Azhar was also declared as a Global Terrorist.
Pressure from FATF on Pakistan lead to Arrest of Hafiz Saeed?
What charges are imposed on Hafiz Saeed?
- Saeed was booked for terror funding along with 12 others.
- He has also been booked under 23 terror cases in Pakistan.
Pakistan counter-terrorism department registered the cases against him and 23 others for “terrorism financing”. Pakistan’s CTD said that Hafiz Saeed collected funds and these funds were used to finance terrorist organization’s like Lashkar-e-Taiba. Lashkar-e-Taiba was responsible for carrying out 26/11 terrorist attack in India in 2008. It was one of the most severe attacks carried out in the world which led to 165 people being killed.
Author Archive: let’s see if India Capable of Fighting with China And Pakistan Together?
Impact and Reactions from India:
While this move hasn’t received any reactions from any of the ministers in the country yet. The move will definitely help India in combat against terrorism. India has been demanding a serious action against the terror groups in Pakistan from a long period of time. The Political pressure that was created over Pakistan has finally done the trick for India.
While it will be interesting to see what Hafiz Saeed and his lawyer has to say. We can expect inter-border terrorism to be stacked for some time.
Here is how Twitter Reacts on Hafiz Saeed arrest in Pakistan:
Few Reactions from Pakistan on the arrest of Terrorist Hafiz Saeed:
What’s your take on the arrest? What do you think why People of Pakistan are unhappy with the arrest?. Some of them are considering him to God while some of them consider him as a noble person. Why do you think they treat a terrorist like a God their in Pakistan?