Life is not a bed of roses. We all are unique, not just on the basis of our identity, but on the basis of the challenges we face, which molds our identity. Some of these challenges are easier, while some are pretty brutal. But no matter what, you can give any brutal challenge an easier makeover if you have one gift: a positive attitude. However, it is no piece of cake to be positive all the time. That’s where good words come to your rescue. Looking out for some positivity? Well, we have compiled more than 101 quotations from the best out there, just for you. You can draw inspiration from these good attitude quotes whenever you need it. If not anything, read one of these quotes every new morning to have an amazing kick-start of your day. So, let’s begin!
Table of contents
1. “You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.”– Stephen King
Stephen King, the author of incredible books like ‘The Shawshank Redemption’ and “The Shining’, reassures that you can do everything that you want to, and you must. Because great ideas don’t occur to everyone out there. And once you show the courage to just start, you will accomplish it!
2. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
To live the life of your dreams, you will have to break the illusionary standards set by society for you, at some point in time. And when you are at this juncture, there’s a high chance you might doubt yourself. Ralph Waldo Emerson assures us that only those who show the courage to do this are the real winners in life.
Get inspired with your favorite movie quotes: 60+ Best Inspirational movie quotes
3. “Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.”– Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde, the famous Irish poet revealed the greatest secret of all time, in this quote. Every person is unique in himself. The more we try to be like others, the more we are being unfair to our amazing selves.
4. “People are capable at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.”– Paulo Coelho
If you haven’t read ‘The Alchemist’ by Paulo Coelho, you are missing out on one of the best gifts from literature ever. Paulo Coelho inspires us to dream and assures us that no matter how impossible it might seem if you have a dream, you also have the ability to achieve it.
5. “Just remember. You can’t win the game if you don’t even play it.”– Robin Sharma
These words by Robin Sharma, another amazing author, reminds you that there’s no way you can emerge successful if you don’t even dare to do it. It is natural to doubt your capabilities when you have a huge dream. But you never know if you’ll achieve it if you don’t even take the first step.
6. “If I have a thousand ideas and only one turns out to be good, I am satisfied.”– Alfred Nobel
What better than this quote to inspire you to believe in yourself. Alfred Nobel is one of the most famous chemists of all time. No matter how small, it is important to celebrate your successes, to appreciate yourself for a good job. This boosts confidence to do even better the next time.
7. “To a great mind, nothing is little.”– Sherlock Holmes
The fictional master detective, Sherlock Holmes, is the brainchild of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. These words of Holmes are a reminder that for a person who nurtures great thoughts in their mind, nothing can possibly be trivial.
8. “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.”– Mark Twain.
This great American writer is one of the most sarcastic masterminds ever. Twain redefines courage for us in the quote. He states that those who are courageous aren’t devoid of fear, but know how to master it.
9. “It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”– J.K. Rowling
Rowling is one of those authors who made us believe in magic, as children. This line from her world-famous book series, Harry Potter, is as wondrous as the series itself. It reveals to us that irrespective of our talents, our choices decide what we ultimately become.
10. “Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!”– Dr Seuss
Positive Attitude Quote: Dr. Seuss is one of the most loved children’s authors of all time. The quote is a reflection of the idea that how unique each individual is. If you truly believe in the amazing self that you are, there’s no way you’ll doubt your ability to face challenges in life.
11. “Be thankful for what you have, you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”– Oprah Winfrey
One of the most inspiring people alive, Oprah Winfrey teaches us the importance of gratitude in this quote. She reminds us that what you focus on is what you attract to your life. If you focus on what’s missing, you’ll miss the many things you can achieve. Rather, if you focus on your blessings, you’ll attract more of the kind.
With the word Inspiring we thought it would be great if you check out our list of 75 Best Motivational Quotes about Success & Life in 2023. Best Motivational Quotes about Success (Each link will open in New Tab so you don’t miss out out on the below positive quotes. 🙂 )
12. “Victims love entertainment. Leaders love education.”– Robin Sharma
The author of ‘The Monk who sold his Ferrari’ states a universal fact here. It all comes down to where you invest your precious time. People who invest their time at distractions achieve too little. Leaders, on the other hand, use their time wisely to learn more, to refine themselves.
13. “All I can do is follow my instincts, because I’ll never please everyone.”– Emma Watson
If Hermione was Harry’s counsel, Emma can be ours! The iconic actor inspires us to chase our dreams without fretting over society’s opinion. Because indeed, it is impossible to please everyone.
14. “They say: ‘If a man knew himself, he would know all mankind.’ I say: ‘If a man loved mankind, he would know something of himself.“- Kahlil Gibran
Kahlil Gibran shares a profound insight into this quote. The wise advocate that only those who know and understand themselves, truly understand the world. For victory in the outer world begins with victory in the inner world; the world of our mind. However, Kahlil Gibran opines that the easiest way for a man to know his own self is by loving and serving others.
15. “Life always waits for some crisis to occur before revealing itself at its most brilliant.”– Paulo Coelho
When you set out to chase your dreams, you are hit with several challenges. At a point of time, you are hit so bad, that you have a strong feeling to quit midway. Coelho assures you that this is when you should push your best in the forward direction. For once you cross this hurdle, victory isn’t far away!
16. “You can be a good person with a kind heart and still say no.”– Lori Deschene
The author of Tiny Buddha, Lori Deschene reminds us of the importance of assertiveness in this quote. There will be times in life when you have to say ‘no’. Make sure your politeness and compassion don’t come in the way of doing so. Being assertive means to be able to express ‘your’ opinion with confidence, no matter if it is a yes or a no.
17. “However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope.”– Stephen Hawking
Hawking is one of the most inspiring icons of all time. The above quote is a reflection of his own life. He reassures us that no matter how deep a ditch you’ve fallen into if you want, you can find a way to get up. As long as you’re breathing, there is a purpose, an opportunity to achieve great things.
18. “Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”– Mark Twain
Positive Attitude Quotes: Yet another gem by Twain, this quote motivates us to listen to our instincts. Because our instincts never lie. When you do something right, you will come across two kinds of responses. Half of the people will laud your act. The other half will criticize you, for they are too stunned to do anything else. Ignore these responses and keep doing what is right.
19. “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”– Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
One of the greatest pioneers and leaders for time eternal, Dr. Kalam reminds you of the nature of people through these words. If you emerge successful for one time, most people won’t accept and appreciate it. They will assume it was sheer luck. This is why you should work harder to not fail in your second mission. Once you emerge successful again, they will have to accept there’s something more than luck about you.
20. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.”– Virginia Woolf
Virginia Woolf was a 20th century English writer. She advises us that rather than daydreaming or worrying about the future, we must use this valuable time to work on designing it. After all, how you spend your present will determine how beautiful would be your future.
21. “Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it. Time will pass anyway.”– Earl Nightingale
This is a simple yet profound truth. Most of us want quick victories. However, anything incredible demands a lot of effort and time. Whether you chase your dream or not, time will pass. If you give up, you will end up in regret. But if you chase it, although it will take some time, you will end up happy in the end.
22. “It all depends on how we look at things, and not how they are in themselves.”– Carl Jung
A world-famous psychiatrist, Carl Jung knew his stuff. He suggests that everything depends on your outlook. You may be highly capable and yet you may decide that the job is difficult. And it is indeed difficult. Someone else on the other hand might not be as able as you. But if he decides that the job is easy, it is easy!
23. “Anyone can lead when the plan is working. The best lead when the plan falls apart.”– Robin Sharma.
Sharma has many gems up his sleeve. Take this one for instance. The author reminds us that true leadership is not about leading the team when everything is going perfectly. Instead, it is when you can hold the team together and inspire them in the forward direction when things go out of hand.
24. “One day the people that didn’t believe in you will tell everyone how they met you.”– Johnny Depp
The ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ actor inspires us to never give up on our dreams owing to criticism. The above quote is a golden truth, for most people never miss an opportunity to boast if how they are related to the famous. And what’s sweeter than to make the same people who criticized you, sing praises of your success!
25. “You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”– Winston Churchill
The former UK President makes a fair point here. No matter how good your intentions, there will be people who will try to drag you down. The wise just ignore these people. Because why waste your precious time and energy trying to explain your point, when you can show them the same with your results?
26. “If you have no shadows then you’re not standing in the light.”– Lady Gaga
The world-famous singer reminds us that it is only human to have shortcomings. No man is perfect, and no man should strive to be one. Mistakes are what make our journey meaningful. Celebrate them as much as you do your victories. Learn from them. And move on.
27. “You’ve always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself.”– Glinda the good witch (Wizard of Oz)
Wizard of Oz is one of the most famous musicals of all time. Glinda the good witch from the film inspires us to realize our hidden potential. You see, there will be hundreds out there who can motivate you. But it will never work until you find inspiration within yourself.
28. “We all love to take responsibility for success and happiness. Hell, we often fight over who gets to be responsible for success and happiness. But taking responsibility for our problems is far more important because that’s where the real learning comes from.”– Mark Manson
Positive Attitude Quotes: Mark Manson is one of the best authors of the present time. The above quote signifies the necessity of taking responsibility for our flaws. As humans, we all make mistakes. But most of us play the blame game. It’s always either the weather or the traffic or luck or fate or another person’s involvement, why we erred. The wise understand that only by taking responsibility for our mistakes, can we reassure in our minds to not commit it again.
29. “Nothing in the world is ever completely wrong. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.”– Paulo Coelho
The inspiring author reminds us in this quote that we should never doubt our capabilities because we erred a few times in life. We have the infinite potential within us that can move mountains. A small mistake we made in the past, shouldn’t come in the way of realizing this potential.
30. “In any given moment we have two options: to step forward into growth or to step back into safety.”– Abraham Maslow
Abraham Maslow is a famous American psychiatrist. He states it beautifully that true growth and safety are often on opposite sides. If you want to grow, you will have to risk your safety at times. You will have to step out of your comfort zone and be willing to go through challenges. After all, what is life if not for some adventure?
Surrounded by a lot of haters? Here are some befitting replies in quotes you can read to give them a sound reply! 101+ Hater Quotes with Images
31. “The only people who see the whole picture are the ones who step out of the frame.”– Salman Rushdie
Salman Rushdie is a favorite name among bibliophiles. The British-Indian author reminds us that real achievement comes from thinking out of the box. Most people follow the crowd. History-makers step out of the ordinary to get a better view of reality. This helps them stumble upon unique opportunities in life.
32. “When we deny ourselves the ability to feel pain for a purpose, we deny ourselves the ability to feel any purpose in our life at all.”– Mark Manson
Another profound truth from this brilliant author, Manson enlightens us on the importance of feeling the pain from a setback. To shrug your pain off or to mask it indicates, you aren’t ready to accept it. And so long as you don’t accept your pain and its cause, you can never realize how to outgrow it.
33. “Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.”– Mary Oliver
This famous American poet inspires us to find good even in the darkest of moments. Pain is the best teacher out there. So long as you are willing to learn.
34. “The greatest respect is self-respect. Lose that and all the success in the world means zero.”– Robin Sharma
If you have zero self-esteem, you have zero purposes in your life. Because you’re living your life just so to meet someone else’s standards and expectations of you. How is that meaningful? Respect who you are. Follow your instincts. Trust us, you will love how it feels!
35. “I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything but still, I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.”– Helen Keller
Helen Keller is one of the most inspirational humans who have walked the earth. Physically challenged since childhood, the above quote reflects the principle this amazing woman chose for her life. Maybe we can’t do everything like everyone. But why should that stop us from doing the little that we can actually do?
36. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”– T.S. Eliot
These words by the American-British poet, T.S. Eliot dares one to take risks in life. Only the person who shows the courage to begin will know how far they can reach. To discover your potential, you must risk it in the first place.
37. “If you are never alone, you cannot know yourself.”– Paulo Coelho
Most people think that being alone is a curse. But only those who find some time to be alone can truly realize who they are. Solitude facilitates introspection. Without introspection, you will never realize where you’re headed to in life.
38. “We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the universe. That makes us something very special.”– Stephen Hawking
This world-renowned physicist strikes another goal with this quote. It is indeed mandatory to acknowledge our blessings in life. Although we occupy a small place in this massive universe, there’s a lot we can do to contribute to the betterment of the world. This precious gift of potential is something most people take for granted.
39. “Magic happens when you don’t give up, even though you want to. The universe always falls in love with a stubborn heart.”– J.M. Storm
The power of perseverance is not a mystery. The more you feel like quitting, the more you must persist on the track. That’s when you pass the test. That’s when you reveal how strong you are. That’s when you emerge victoriously.
40. “Don’t climb mountains so that people can see you. Climb mountains so that you can see the world.”– David McCullough Jr
Some lines make you fall in love with the written word. This is one such quote. Most people chase success to prove their worth to others. You must understand that ‘others’ don’t matter, in comparison to the infinite potential of ‘you’. Use this potential wisely, to achieve something that makes you happy, and that helps the world.
41. “When your past calls, don’t answer. It has nothing new to say.”– Herman Siu
The past is history. You can never go back in time and relive it. So, what’s the point in wasting your valuable time reminiscing past events? Learn from yesterday to work on today, so as to shape a better tomorrow. That’s all.
42. “Life’s too short to wake up with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don’t, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get the chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it’d be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”– Dr Seuss
Positive Attitude Quotes: You never know what is the next minute. When you have no idea if how long you’re going to be here, why waste this precious moment you have fretting over people and things that you can’t control? Take it easy. Love. Laugh. Take risks. Give. Live.
43. “The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.”– Carl Jung
Every person is different. Circumstances, challenges, and blessings are different for each one of us. So why would the strategy that worked for someone else necessarily work for you too? Craft your own path. Live your own story. Make mistakes. Learn. Succeed.
44. “As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters.”– J.K. Rowling
It doesn’t matter how many birthdays you had, but how many days you lived your life to the fullest. It matters how many people you influenced, how many you inspired. If you fulfilled the purpose of your life and yet died young, you still left a message for the rest of the world to fulfill theirs.
45. “Life has a way of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen at once.”– Paulo Coelho
If you wish to achieve anything at life, you must be prepared for challenges that come en route. While some times life is too mundane for anything productive to happen, at other times you are bombarded with multiple problems at the same time. Only a person who can handle either of these situations tactfully can get to the other side.
46. “As much as someone can tell you things, you have to go out there and make your own mistakes in order to learn.”– Emma Watson
Watson makes a brilliant point here. There are inspirational speeches, self-help books, and life coaches all around. They can guide you if how to live life. But to realize it, you will have to step out and live it yourself.
47. “Talk to yourself once in a day. Otherwise you may miss meeting an excellent person in this world.”– Swami Vivekananda
A reflective thought, this quote speaks volumes. Every once in awhile, spend some time to talk to your self, to introspect. If we don’t find time to reflect on our own life, we will never know how to distinguish between our vices and virtues. Then how on earth can we improve ourselves?
48. “The more potential you have to make something great, the louder will be the voices of fear that start chattering within you. Don’t give them an audience.”– Robin Sharma
The commonest reason why most people fail is fear. But there’s something funny about fear. The more you run to it, the more it runs away. Dare to do it anyhow. Worst case scenario: you’ll fail. That’s cool. You’ll just discover what not to do while trying again next time.
49. “I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think.”– Rumi
Rumi, the wise 13th-century poet, has left behind several pearls of wisdom for generations to come. Take this quote for instance. Rumi reminds us to let go of all that is holding us back. To live the life of our dreams, without caring what the world would say.
50. “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.”– Mark Twain
The satisfaction by coming of use to someone in need is beyond words. When you feel low, help someone feel better. Extend a helping hand to someone who needs it badly. This will send a positive signal to your brain that you are not completely worthless. That’s enough positivity to make you feel elated.
51. “There’s nothing more beautiful than when you prove to yourself just how strong you are.”– Danielle Doby
Most of us strive to prove our worth in front of others. The writer suggests that proving your worth to your own self is far precious to experience, over proving it to others. After all, realizing the dormant strength within ourselves is the biggest push that we need to feel positive.
52. “No matter how good you get, you can always get better. And that’s the exciting part.”– Tiger Woods
The famous professional golfer hits a straight shot with this one. There is no limit as to improvisation. If you achieved your goal, kudos! Now don’t sit back idly. Set a higher goal and strive to achieve it. For that’s how you enhance your talent.
53. “At some point, you just pull off the band-aid, and it hurts but then it’s over and you’re relieved.”– John Green
‘The Fault in our Stars’ author beautifully explains how to deal with a challenge in this quote. It will hurt. It will demand courage. And once you head in towards it with courage, it will be over before you know it.
54. “Never ruin a good day by thinking about a bad yesterday.”– Paulo Coelho
The one thing that stings about the past is that it keeps bringing back memories; some, that hurt. You can never go back in time and fix what happened. Rather use this precious time you have now wisely so that you don’t regret tomorrow thinking about today.
55. “Without your involvement, you can’t succeed. With your involvement you can’t fail.”– Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
Positive Attitude Quotes: Another beautiful quote by the ever-loved former Indian President. Dr. Kalam says, if you don’t even begin and put in your effort, you are never going to win at the task. On the other hand, if you do begin and put in your effort, there’s no way you will fail. Because the courage to attempt is all that defines success.
56. “If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion.”– Oprah Winfrey
The above quote is a truly inspiring line. Until you are passionate about your goal, you are never really in for the challenges. So, if you want to succeed, find your passion, and give it all.
57. “Instead of wishing your life was perfect, why not celebrate the fact that your life is interesting?”– Robin Sharma
The more time we spend on fretting, the more are we dispensing our precious energy to do something that counts. It’s okay that you aren’t perfect. Nobody is. The problems we face are like mere plot twists in an interesting story. They are essential, for they are what make the story interesting.
58. “Anything you can’t control is teaching you how to let go.”– Jackson Kiddard
The wise know that not everything goes according to your plan. So, shouldn’t we plan at all? We must, and when things fall apart, we must also accept it as for the best. Letting go and moving on are among the prime lessons that life teaches you. These are necessary to heal your mind.
59. “A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.”– Zen Shin
They are a lot of lessons that we can learn from nature. The above quote talks of one such a wonderful lesson. Why not focus on being better than who we were yesterday, rather than being better than someone else? Just bloom. Don’t mind the flower next to you!
60. “People who repeatedly attack your confidence and self-esteem are quite aware of your potential, even if you are not.”– Wayne Gerard Trotman
The popular author talks of one of life’s secrets in this quote. Those who criticize you, those who drag you down, those who demean you; these people surely are aware that you are capable of great things. And to achieve these great things, all you have to do is to not give a damn about them, and focus on the incredible potential that you possess.
61. “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”– Paulo Coelho
Dreams are what keeps us truly alive. These mere fragments of our imagination inspire us to get up daily, to work hard, to face hardships, and to go back to bed with satisfaction in our hearts. Your faith that your dream will become a reality is your fuel to a fulfilling existence.
62. “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”– Mark Twain
Positive Attitude Quotes: Twain delivers another gem in this quote. Do not follow the crowd. Dare to think out of the box. Craft a unique story for your life. It will be hard in the beginning, but totally worth it in the end. Only those who dare to be different end up creating history!
63. “Hurting others won’t heal you.”– Shouvik Bhattacharya
This Indian author states one of the biggest truths about life in this quote. When we are hurt by another, the first impulse is revenge. What we fail to understand is, our pain won’t heal by inflicting pain on that person. In reality, it heals when we forgive. When we let go.
64. “In the end, all that matters is who you became. And how many you helped.”– Robin Sharma
Best positive attitude quotes: Your life meets purpose when you achieve great things. But if these great things come at the expense of hurting others, or by holding anger, vengeance, envy, and similar feelings in your heart, how can they be called ‘great’? Give it some thought.
65. “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”– Mark Twain
It doesn’t matter if you were gifted with the ability to achieve your dreams. All that matters is if you have the courage and determination to work hard till you achieve it. Your will power and discipline will decide if you will make it to the end, and not your talent.
66. “My goal is not to be better than anybody else, but to be better than I used to be.”– M.S. Dhoni
India’s pride, the world-famous cricketer speaks volumes in this quote. The true hallmark of a great individual is not in competing with others, but in competing with who they were until the previous minute.
67. “When a deep injury is done to us, we never heal until we forgive.”– Nelson Mandela
Best positive attitude quotes: One of the most inspirational men of all time, Nelson Mandela redefines the process of healing the mind in this quote. When we hold vengeance in our hearts, we cause damage to our own heart, more than on the person we hold it against. Forgive. Let go. Breathe.
68. “Impossible is just an opinion. Don’t buy it.”– Robin Sharma
The author pushes you to chase your dreams without worrying about what the world says. No matter what your dream is, there will someone from your audience who opines that it is “impossible”. Don’t buy it. Prove that it is indeed, possible.
69. “It’s not how far you fall, but how high you bounce that counts.”– Zig Ziglar
The famous American author inspires us to look beyond failures. It is okay to fall at times, so long as you bounce back at life, with double the amount of energy!
70. “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.”– Friedrich Nietzsche
The only question is if you know your purpose. If you know the purpose of your dreams, you will manage to find a way to get to it.
71. “As a child of God, I am greater than anything that can happen to me.”– Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
Reinforcing faith in your self is a key ingredient to reaching great heights. The more you believe that you are mightier than your challenges, the higher the chances that you will defeat them.
72. “It’s okay if you fall down and lose your spark. Just make sure that when you get back up, you rise as the whole damn fire.”– Colette Werden
If you don’t fall, you won’t realize how incredible a height you’ve reached, after emerging victorious. When you fall, get up and push harder. Give proof to the universe how amazing you are.
73. “Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.”– Steve Jobs
One of the most successful entrepreneurs of all time, Steve Jobs has been an inspiration to many. He reassures you that failures are part of the process. No matter how brutal the challenge, stay on the track, and keep working. You will soon get there.
74. “Nature refuels the creative mind, renews the tired body, opens the contracted heart and purifies the battered soul.”– Robin Sharma
Positive Attitude Quotes: When things seem really low, go back to nature. That’s where you began your journey, and so, you will find solace in there. Enjoy some quiet. Reflect on your life. Nature has all the answers to your problems.
75. “Be who you are and say what you mean. Because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”– Dr Seuss
One of the most creative and yet profound quotes; this is one of the truest words out there. Be yourself. Don’t change for anyone else. Because those who truly love you, won’t mind it. And those who do mind it, don’t really matter in your life!
76. “You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.”– Christopher Columbus
The most renowned explorers in history, Columbus states a fair truth here. To achieve great things, you need to dare get out of your comfort zone. It’s only when you take risks that you get to taste success.
77. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It is sanity.”– Katrina Mayer
A writer and motivational speaker, Mayer reminds us of the importance of loving oneself. If you don’t love you, nobody else can. Appreciate who you are to attract happiness into your life.
78. “Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world. Today, I am wise so I am changing myself.”– Rumi
Most of us want to change and control everything around us so that we can be happy. Only a few realize that true happiness comes from changing ourselves. Changing your own thoughts is easier too compared to changing the world.
79. “If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.”– Zig Ziglar
Another profound secret to success. When you are determined enough to go great lengths to achieve what you want, help will come from unexpected sources. But if you are yourself not committed to your goal, no one can help you.
80. “Practice the pause. Pause before judging. Pause before assuming. Pause before accusing. Pause whenever you’re about to react harshly and you’ll avoid doing and saying things you’ll later regret.”– Lori Deschene
Most of our sadness stems from overthinking things that don’t even exist. So, the next time you are about to judge or accuse someone or assume what you see, pause, and think if it’s really true. Or is it just an exaggeration by your mind. You’ll end up saving a lot of regret by doing so.
81. “Better to be an optimist who gets disappointed than a pessimist who has no hope.”– Robin Sharma
Staying positive doesn’t mean you won’t fail in your endeavor. It just means that you are willing to accept your failures as lessons, to succeed in your next attempt. A person who complains all the time can never possibly attract any success.
82. “In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.”– Andrea Dykstra
The challenges you face in life shape your identity; refine your person. And so, to appreciate the amazing individual you have become, you cannot disregard the hardships you have faced.
83. “Keep on going. And the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.”– Charles F. Kettering
Charles F. Kettering was among the most successful American inventors of his time. He explains a significant truth in this quote, that for opportunities to knock, you will have to take the first step. If you sit down doing nothing, you cannot expect success even if you’re highly talented.
84. “You will never be able to escape from your heart. So, it is better to listen what it has to say.”– Paulo Coelho
Often, our heart and brain are at rivals when it comes to taking an important decision. Even if the brain will sound clever, your heart will side with what is right for you. It is better to pay heed to what your heart says if you don’t want to end up in regret later.
85. “When you talk, you’re only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.”– Dalai Lama
Positive Attitude Quotes: Listening is an underrated art. Dalai Lama, the wise and revered monk advises us that by talking we only repeat what we know. But when we listen, we are opening our hearts to new knowledge, new versions of the truth. So, we learn better only when we listen more.
86. “You cannot change your future, you can change your habits. And surely your habits will change your future.”– Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
It is not possible to bring about a massive change in your life all of a sudden. From where you are right now, to where you want to be, you will have to make small changes in your daily routine at first. Over time, these small changes can be modified to bigger ones, so as to step into the victor’s routine.
87. “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.”– Dr Seuss
Nothing is permanent in life. It is more fulfilling to smile, to be grateful that it happened, rather than cry that it ended.
88. “A mistake is only a mistake if we fail to capture the growth from it.”– Robin Sharma
Mistakes are lessons in disguise. Once we learn from a mistake, we make sure to ourselves to not repeat it ever again. And that’s a bonus on the path towards growth.
89. “Choose to collect memories instead of things.”– Elena Levon
A famous explorer, Elena Levon shares priceless advice in this quote. When we focus on making memories, on living beautiful moments, on loving and giving, we care little about the things we get in return. And these little, silly memories that we make are the biggest treasure we can ever have.
90. “One day I set fire to everything I thought I was and began to learn who I was.”– J.M. Storm
To know who you truly are, and to find the purpose of your life is necessary to seek bliss. What you were yesterday needn’t be the reality of your today. Explore your depths. Find meaning. Refine yourself each new day, to become a better person in the long term.
91. “There’s no harm in hoping for the best as long as you’re prepared for the worst.”– Stephen King
Give everything to achieve what you want in life. But, be prepared for things to go wrong. If you aren’t prepared for the worst, you will lose your momentum when challenges come on your path.
92. “If every 8-year old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation.”– Dalai Lama
This quote is indeed food for thought. In today’s reality, where psychological health has proven to be an important area to reconsider, teaching the art of meditation to young minds can turn out to be a life-saver for the future.
93. “You’ll just keep crashing if you never take your eyes off the rear-view mirror.”– Leo Christopher
Positive Attitude Quotes: Another reminder that the past is no place to keep visiting. Unless you move on from your experiences in the past after taking the lessons from them, you will never be able to focus on what you have: today, a new chance to redefine yourself.
94. “The trick is that as long as you know who you are and what makes you happy, it doesn’t matter how others see you.”– Wendy Mass
An accomplished author, Wendy Mass inspires you to turn a deaf ear to what the society says and live the life of your dreams. Because in the end, that’s all that matters.
95. “Even if you go for it and it doesn’t work out you still win. You still had the guts enough to head straight into something that frightened you. That type of bravery will take you places.”– Evan Sanders
Evan Sanders, the author of the amazing book ‘The better man project’, gives you a useful tip about success in this quote. Success is not winning, but the daring to fail.
96. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the mighty ocean in a drop.”– Rumi
You are not just another individual in the crowd. You have infinite potential in you, potential that can revolutionize the entire world. It only demands that you realize this truth.
97. “Become so amazing at what you do that you need no introduction.”– Robin Sharma
Walk the talk. Rather than speaking of how great you’re, let your results speak for themselves. Work so hard that you walk into a room and even strangers recognize you by your greatness.
98. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”– Mark Twain
Take risks in life. Seek adventure. Make mistakes. Go on a solo trip. Explore the world. Make a bucket list. Strike off every item from the list. Love. Laugh. Let go. Because in the end, you will regret the chances you didn’t take today. It is a great optimistic attitude quote.
99. “Ever loved someone so much, you would do anything for them? Yeah, well make that someone yourself and do whatever the hell you want.”– Harvey Specter (Suits)
Positive Attitude Quotes: Our favorite litigator from the American TV series shares a deep insight. There is nothing more precious than loving yourself than helping yourself. Work on you, and you will attract people who admire you.
100. “The darkest hour has only sixty minutes.”– Morris Mandel
When disaster strikes, remember that this too isn’t permanent. That this moment too, shall pass and the light shall enter in again. Persevere through the darkness to make it to the end of the tunnel.
101. “Wear your failure as a badge of honor.”
By- Sundar Pichai
The CEO of Google, this Indian is a true inspiration to all of us. He reminds us that failure is proof that we struggled to get where we are. One must be proud that he failed, in order to enjoy the taste of success.
102. “I love myself. The quietest, simplest, most powerful revolution ever.”
By- Nayyirah Waheed
Poet and author Nayyirah Waheed has penned some of the most beautiful lines ever written. She reassures that loving yourself, having faith in your abilities, and celebrating your flaws is the most powerful revolution ever.
Why is a positive attitude important?
A positive attitude is like a weapon to deal with any attack coming from life. You see, you cannot control everything that happens in your life. But you can sure control how to respond to anything that comes by you. When you respond with positivity when you say to yourselves that ‘This is no big deal. I can handle this. I may have to work harder, but I’ll push through it’, your subconscious mind automatically records this response. Once this is done, however hard the problem is, you will start to see ways to tackle it. This is because, by keeping your first response positive, you have directed your mind towards the solution mentality.
The world has only about 10% of people who are living the best version of themselves. But to get there, they’ve struggled. To get to live this life, they’ve almost died, several times. They’ve pushed when everyone else thought it was impossible to push further. They’ve dreamed of the extraordinary to achieve the extraordinary. And while doing this, many of them left behind some words, from which we can lift our courage and positivity. Reading positive quotes by great men and women inspires you to become as great. You were born to create history. And history-makers don’t complain. They hold their head high, keep looking for opportunities, and strive to grow better each day. It is this positive attitude that takes them to places.
How to develop a positive attitude?
Here are some ways to develop a positive attitude:
1. Practice gratitude
Our world is truly ironic. While some of us are fretting because we didn’t get enough “likes” for that post on social media, someone else is crying because he hasn’t eaten anything all day. How often do we ignore the blessings of the warmth of a home, good clothes to wear, enough water to use, and the choice to decide what food tastes good and what doesn’t? They are so many out there who would be glad to have any food at all. If you have a loving family (no matter how annoying they can get at times), you are among the luckiest walking this earth. We have so much that we ignore for the little that we don’t have. Every day take some time to be grateful for your blessings and you’ll see how you attract more blessings in!
2. Keep an open mind
Not everything can be planned. And not everything that is planned, goes according to the plan. One of the foremost qualities of a ‘winner attitude’ is to keep an open mind. Work hard to get where you want to be, but be prepared for things to go wrong. After all, unpredictability is the rhythm of life. Quit trying to be perfect. If the journey demands a new strategy, drop the plan in hand without hesitation. Dean Lindsay said it accurately when he quoted, ‘Change is inevitable. Progress is optional!’
3. Help one another
One of the best ways to feel good and positive about yourself is by extending a helping hand to another person. The world is falling apart because people are becoming more and more self-centered. The feeling of satisfaction when someone expresses their gratitude to you is priceless. Do more things that serve others. Got a talent? Use it to serve the universe. Help others to help your self-esteem.
4. Laugh at yourself
This is one of the key features of an optimistic individual. It is natural to fail, to make mistakes. But very few have it to join the world while they ridicule your mistakes. To understand accept your folly, and at the most, to make fun of it is the best way to assure you won’t repeat it. Take life easy. Laugh more. Don’t complicate trivial issues to look like they’ll tear your world apart. Because if you believe it will, it definitely will!
5. Believe in yourself
It is okay if nobody believes in you, so long as you believe in yourself. Don’t be too hard on yourself. If you made mistakes, forgive yourself. Everyone says that those who forgive others are the greatest. No. They might be great. But those that can forgive themselves are the greatest. Trust your instincts. Stick to your principles. And take that step forward.
- 60+ Best Inspirational movie quotes
- 101+ Hater Quotes with Images
- 101+ Positive Attitude Quotes with Images
- 60+ Inspirational Cricket Quotes by cricketers with Images
- Best Funny and inspirational quotes about life
- 75 Motivational and Inspirational Quotes about Success & Life