101+ Apology Quotes to Say, I am Sorry, with Image – God of Small Things
One of the most difficult yet crucial experiences you could go through in life is saying sorry. Even when your soul feels like it’s in the right place, the offended party may feel that you are only trying to make amends or get the situation over with. In these cases, a mere “I’m sorry” may not be enough to convey your actual thoughts. Saying Sorry or an Apologize is itself a big hurdle to cross. And because of this, the person you apologise to could not understand your sincere motives, which could lead to damaged feelings for both of you. Additionally, saying “I’m Sorry” entails restating & resetting the values shared by both parties. It’s crucial to be specific when describing your offence and how you intend to address the matter. To assist you in making connections, Here are 101+ Apology Quotes to say I am sorry with images.
Sorry Apology Quotes
1. “Never ruin an apology with an excuse.” – Benjamin Franklin
2. “Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got.” – Robert Brault
3. “Never apologize for showing your feelings. When you do, you are apologizing for the truth.” – José N. Harris
4. “I wasn’t saying whatever they’re saying I was saying. I’m sorry I said it really. I never meant it to be a lousy anti-religious thing. I apologize if that will make you happy. I still don’t know quite what I’ve done. I’ve tried to tell you what I did do but if you want me to apologize, if that will make you happy, then OK, I’m sorry.” – John Lennon
5. “I feel bad for making you sad. I feel guilty for making you question my intentions. I am sorry, baby, please forgive me.”
6. “Lately, I have been distant from you. And it’s killing me. I’m sorry, sweetheart.”
7. “More than what I did, I am ashamed of who I have become. Please forgive me, and I promise you will see the best of me soon.”
8. “I feel bad for making you sad. I feel guilty for making you question my intentions. I am sorry, baby, please forgive me.”
9. “I want to let you know that I see how what I did was wrong now that I’ve had time to reflect on it.”
10. “I don’t like it, and I’m sorry I ever had anything to do with it.” – Erwin Schrodinger
11. “I’m not very good at saying sorry, but I apologize.“ – Chris Kurtz
12. “Give me a chance to show that you are the most important thing in my life. I love you, and I am sorry.”
13. “It is impossible to change the past, but you have my promise to make it up to you in the future. I am truly sorry.”
14. “But you know all about that, being sorry and having no words to say something when you know you should but you just can’t.” – Heather Gudenkauf
15. “Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.” – Paul Boese
16. “I know I was wrong for claiming that I was right. I promise to always consider your perspective. Please accept my apology.”
17. “I know I am not perfect and I make mistakes, but I am so glad that I have you to pick me up when I fall down and help me grow into the best person that I can be.”
18. “My lousy attitude has created an ugly stain on our relationship. I pray that time and forgiveness can wash it away. I’m sorry for being so bad to you.”
19. “No matter what happens, you will always remain my biggest priority. Will you forgive me for what I have done?”
20. “Proper apologies have three parts: 1) What I did was wrong. 2) I feel bad that I hurt you. 3) How do I make this better?” – Randy Pausch
21. “I want nothing more than your forgiveness. It hurts me to see you cry. Please help me make this right.”
22. “I have known you for a long time, and I know your heart is bigger and deeper than any ocean. Will you forgive me? Your love feels like home to me. I want to come back home.”
23. “My biggest mistake was letting my ego come in the way of a heartfelt apology. I am sorry, my love.”
24. “Your beautiful smile has been hiding lately, and I know I am the reason. I am sorry for taking you for granted. You are an amazing partner, and I love you.”
25. “Not admitting a mistake is a bigger mistake.” – Robert Half
26. “I’m sorry I was awful. I’m so full of terrors.” – Iris Murdoch
27. “I have never met a person kinder than you. I know it may be hard, but could you please forgive me one last time?”
28. “I loved and adored you, but I drained you like a thirsty man at a spring. I loved what you could give me —your admiration, your acceptance, your love, your forgiveness. I forgot to love you for yourself.” – Jennifer Ashley
29. “When we’re not right, nothing is right. Please let me make it up to you by forgiving me, my beautiful partner.”
30. “A sincere and warmly-expressed apology can produce the same effects as morphine on a suffering soul.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
As we are talking about the best sorry quotes to say at any occasion. So here are 100+ Best Funny Inspirational quotes about life.
31. “When you forgive, you free your soul. But when you say I’m sorry, you free two souls.” – Donald L. Hicks
32. “Please forgive me for not living up to the vows I made to you on our wedding day. I promise to give you my all.”
33. “I am sorry for the pain I caused you, I feel so bad.” – Gabor Timis
34. “If I begin to tell you how terrible I feel, my message will run into pages. To cut a long story short, I am really sorry, my dearest partner.”
35. “Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to admit them.” – Bruce Lee
36. “Oh I’m sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn’t do, and I’ve hurt myself from hurting you.” — “Hurt” – Christina Aguilera
37. “I know I have let you down, and now I have emptiness and guilt in my heart. Can you fill the void with your forgiveness, my dear?”
38. “I never meant to cause you any sorrow. I never meant to cause you any pain.” – Prince
39. “I never meant for things to spiral so out of control. I have made the biggest mistake of my life by hurting you. Please find it in your heart to forgive me.”
40. “I am sorry for what has happened and I know that I need some help.” – Susan Smith
41. “Is it too late now to say sorry?” – Justin Bieber
42. “Nothing is right in this world if I can’t make this right. Please give me another chance to become a better version of myself. I am sorry, my dearest.”
43. “If I could turn back time, if I could find a way. I’d take back those words that have hurt you. And you’d stay.” – Cher
44. “You are a wonderful partner with a big heart. My heart hurts without you. Please forgive me and let me be in your heart once again.”
45. “An apology is a lovely perfume; it can transform the clumsiest moment into a gracious gift.”– Margaret Lee Runbeck
46. “Please forgive me, I know not what I do. Please forgive me, I can’t stop loving you. Don’t deny me, this pain I’m going through. Please forgive me, if I need you like I do. Please believe me, every word I say is true.” – Bryan Adams
47. “My heart feels the burden of guilt because I will never forgive myself for what I did. But my heart also yearns the solace, which can only come with your forgiveness. I am sorry.”
48. “Sorry. I… I’m sorry for the way I am. I didn’t mean for things to go so wrong.” – A Bug’s Life
49. “I am sorry that in your eyes, I couldn’t stand tall. A smile on your face, I desperately want to see, and I promise to be the man that you always wanted me to be.”
50. “I’m sorry my existence is not very noble or sublime.” – Keanu Reeves
As we are looking at some of the sorry quotes said by famous Hollywood persoanlities. So here are 60+ Inspirational Cricket Quotes by cricketers with Images.
51. “The ability of a person to atone has always been the most remarkable of human features.” – Leon Uris
52. “For all the memories we share, for all the smiles we have, it breaks my heart to see you sad. I am so sorry.”
53. “The hero isn’t the one who is right, but the one who steps forward to take the blame—deserved or not—and apologize to save a relationship.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
54. “The most profound apologies are never heard by the ears, but they are felt through the heart. Put your hand on my heart and just feel it weeping out in regret. I am Sorry.”
55. “Apologies aren’t meant to change the past, they are meant to change the future.“ – Kevin Hancock
56. “True remorse is never just a regret over consequence; it is a regret over motive.” – Mignon McLaughlin
57. “The pain of seeing the tears in your eyes is going to haunt me forever. I am sorry, I truly am.”
58. “Sacrifice is at the heart of repentance. Without deeds, your apology is worthless.” – Bryan Davis
59. “Big or small, lies are lies. I am ashamed that I made you cry. Please give me another chance, I want another chance.”
60. “Saying sorry to someone is hard… but putting your pride down for someone is the hardest.” – Cristina Orante
61. “Apologies are great, but they don’t really change anything. You know what does? Action.” – Stella Young
62. “There are no limits to my remorse and guilt. You have no idea how badly I miss you. I acted in a state of unawareness. Now all I ask humbly, my queen, is for a chance to prove myself to you.”
63. “Not admitting a mistake is a bigger mistake.” – Robert Half
64. “More than what I did, I am ashamed of who I have become. Please forgive me, and I promise you will see the best of me in the time to come.”
65. “An apology is the superglue of life! It can repair just about anything!!” – Lynn Johnston
66. “I am immensely contrite. And I’m sorry for the damage I’ve done.“ – Jayson Blair
67. “I am sorry, dear, for telling you what to do. It is just that it is my job to protect you, and I will do that with my whole being. But, I must learn how to do it in a way that honors you at the same time. Please show me how.”
68. “Be the hero of hearts; learn to say I’m sorry.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
69. “Every time I see you hurt, my heart breaks. Please forgive me so I can become a happy man again.”
70. “It isn’t always to apologize for your mistakes but doing so shows a person with a strong sense of self.” – Byron Pulsifer
71. “Right actions in the future are the best apologies for bad actions in the past.”– Tyron Edwards
72. “I know I was wrong for claiming that I was right. I promise to always give your view due importance. Please accept my apology.”
73. “Never believe you’re so great or important, so right or proud, that you cannot kneel at the feet of someone you hurt and offer a humble, sincere apology.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
74. “Every time I remember that I hurt you, I feel guilt hanging all over me. I am now a captive of my deeds, and you have the keys to my prison door. Please forgive me.”
75. “You must tell me who I might have hurt. I have to write them an apology.” – Vivien Leigh
76. “The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest.”
77. “My heart is bare before you, my partner, and I know you can see my pain. I was foolish to hurt you, and I promise never to do it again.”
78. “Apologies require taking full responsibility. No half-truths, no partial admissions, no rationalizations, no finger-pointing, and no justifications belong in any apology.” – Cathy Burnham Martin
79. “I want nothing more than your forgiveness. It hurts me to see you cry. Please help me set this right.”
80. “He who is sorry for having sinned is almost innocent.” – Seneca
We achieve Success when we learn not to quite and fall down. As we are talking to accepting apologies and moving on. So here are 75+ Motivational and Inspirational Quotes about Success & Life.
81. “Apologizing does not always mean you’re wrong and the other person is right. It just means you value your relationship more than your ego.” – Mark Matthews
82. “Sometimes life drags me down, but that’s no reason to drag you down too. I love you, beautiful, and I hope you can forgive me.”
83. “If an apology is followed by an excuse or a reason, it means they are going to commit [the] same mistake again they just apologized for.” – Amit Kalantri
84. “Many tears dropped from your eyes because of the way I hurt you. Today, I intend to convert every fallen tear of yours into a precious pearl. I am sorry.”
85. “Apologies bring people together.” – Nick Smith
86. “A stiff apology is a second insult… The injured party does not want to be compensated because he has been wronged; he wants to be healed because he has been hurt.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
87. “No matter how I behave when I am angry, here is what you need to know. You are the best thing that ever happened to me in life. I am sorry.”
88. “More people should apologize, and more people should accept apologies when sincerely made.” – Greg LeMond
89. “Being sorry is the first step to repentance, and repentance is the first step to being a better person. Please give me the chance to prove that I can be better. I am sorry.”
90. “The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology.” – Red Auerbach
91. “Apologize! That’s the least you can do to try to make right something you have wronged.” – Sanhita Baruah
92. “My biggest mistake was that all this while I was letting my ego come in the way of a heartfelt apology. I am sorry.”
93. “Apology is only egotism wrong side out.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
94. “Please accept this big, heartfelt ‘sorry’ wrapped in kisses and hugs and sealed with a few tears for the hurt I caused you.”
95. “Chocolate says “I’m sorry” so much better than words.” – Rachel Vincent
96. “If I’ve done anything I’m sorry for, I’m willing to be forgiven.” – Edward Noyes Westcott
97. “I am sorry that I failed you. But, my mistakes have taught me to hold fast and cherish the most precious person in my life.”
98. “Never make a defense or apology before you are accused.” – King Charles I
99. “The realization of what I have done cuts deeply into my soul and stabs my heart. I cannot justify my actions, but I regret them every moment. I beg your forgiveness, and I hope you give me another chance.”
100. “So many things that we never will undo I know you’re sorry, I’m sorry too.” – Bob Dylan
101. “An apology is the superglue of life! It can repair just about anything!” – Lynn Johnston
102. “I have made terrible mistakes that have hurt the people that I cared about the most, and I am terribly sorry. I am deeply ashamed of my terrible judgment and my actions.” – Anthony Weiner
103. “True remorse is never just a regret over consequence; it is a regret over motive.” – Mignon McLaughlin
104. “I want to say to each of you, simply, and directly, I am deeply sorry for my irresponsible and selfish behavior I engaged in.” – Tiger Woods
105. “Truly saying sorry is never easy to do, and when you are, you just hope it’s not too late.” – Justin Tranter
As saying sorry is one’s step for the positivity or for a better Future. So here are, 101+ Positive Attitude Quotes
Some Frequently Asked Questions on Apology.
An apology must be sincere in order to be effective. A successful apology recognises responsibility (you understand that your actions hurt the other person) and confirms that the other person felt offended. You should express your sincere regret and concern for the injured party, as well as your promise to make reparations, especially by taking the necessary precautions to prevent future occurrences of the same type of disasters (as shown in the cases below).
1. Acknowledge the offence
2. Explain what happened.
3. Express remorse.
4. Offer to make amends.
5. Put yourself in your partner’s shoes
6. Be genuine
7. Take ownership of your role
8. Use the right words
9. Gifts are welcome
10. Give space for your partner to respond
11. Think beyond today
12. Actions DO speak louder than words
Have you ever violated the spirit of a loved one by disobeying a straightforward request, or worse? Perhaps you broke a promise, forgot an anniversary, or used hurtful language out of rage or frustration. To some extent or another, we’ve all been there. Unfortunately, we frequently cause harm to those who are closest to us. By following these eight steps, you can make amends with a significant other you have offended, regardless of whether you haven’t been doing your share around the house, regularly arrive late, or kept a big secret.
1. Put yourself in your partner’s shoes
2. Be genuine
3. Take ownership of your role
4. Use the right words
5. Gifts are welcome
6. Give space for your partner to respond
7. Think beyond today
8. Actions DO speak louder than words
Receiving or offering a sincere, heartfelt apology has a special power. On the contrary hand, poor apologies may be disastrous and do more harm. In order to illustrate the importance of apologies, why we don’t always receive excellent ones, and the ideal approach to express regret. Co-authors Susan McCarthy and Marjorie Ingall outline the six (and half) steps to great apologies. As follows:-
– Say you’re sorry. Not that you “regret,” not that you are “devastated.” Say you’re “sorry.”
– Say what it is that you’re apologizing for. Be specific.
– Show you understand why it was bad, take ownership, and show that you understand why you caused hurt.
– Don’t make excuses.
– Say why it won’t happen again. What steps are you taking?
– If relevant, make reparations: “I’m going to pay for the dry cleaning. Just send the bill to me. I’m going to do my best to fix what I did.”
A better word for Sorry is:-
When you mess up, what do you say? If you say sorry a lot, it could start to lose some of its impact. Here are six additional ways to express regret.
– My apologies:- My apologies, but your order will not arrive until Monday.
– Pardon/pardon me/I beg your pardon:- Pardon me; I didn’t mean to offend you.
– Mea culpa:- The witness wrote a statement of Mea culpa after he was caught lying in court.
– Oops/whoops:- Whoops, I broke your coffee mug.
– My bad:- I lost the book you lent me. My bad! I will buy you a replacement.
How often have you said “I’m sorry” even when you weren’t the one who upset someone or misspoke? It happens frequently, particularly at work. Although you might believe that your reflexive apology demonstrates deference, respect, or accommodation, it actually gives the impression that you are less confident in your individual professional abilities.
If you frequently over-apologize, you might need to try a different tactic and discover other ways to say what you really mean. These Forbes Coaches members of the Council have listed 10 situations where you shouldn’t apologise as well as what you ought to say in their place.
1. Find A Way To Say ‘Thank You’:- “Thank you for your patience as we navigate this project, you will have it by Friday of next week.”
2. Respond With Actions, Not Words
3. Talk About What You’d Like To See Happen As A Resolution
4. Apologize Without Using The Word ‘Sorry’
5. Don’t Apologize For ‘Bothering’ People:- “Is now a good time for a quick question?”
6. Practice Empathy Instead Of Giving A Sympathy ‘Sorry’:- “That sounds like it was really hard for you.”
7. Express Self-Awareness And What You Can Do To Achieve The Desired Outcome:- “Thanks for pointing that out, what else is worth knowing here?”
8. Respond Confidently To Perceived Failure And Commit To Correcting It:- “That didn’t go as well as planned, but I got this. Let me go to work.”
9. Take A Rational, Practical Perspective, Rather Than An Emotional One:- “I’m sorry, but I don’t agree,”. Try, “Let’s look at this from another angle.”
10. Ask For Constructive Feedback:- “Can you give me feedback on how I can do this differently?”
In every job, misunderstandings and blunders happen frequently. It could be vital to apologise occasionally for an error or action in order to retain a solid working relationship. Knowing how to apologise professionally might help you demonstrate that you recognise a problem and are making an effort to resolve it.
In this article, we cover how to apologise for a mistake professionally, offer some advice, and show examples of email & in-person apologies. We also address why it’s necessary to apologise at the job and what could occur if you don’t.
– Apologize soon after the incident
– Decide how you’ll apologize
– Address your recipient by name
– Apologize with sincerity
– Validate how the other person feels
– Admit to your responsibility
– Explain how you plan to correct the mistake
– Keep your commitments
Even though I try my best to be kind, there are some days when I utterly fail. The kids will be irritable when I wake up, and a million small things won’t go my way. The budget won’t balance, my hormones will be unbalanced, and I’ll receive some unfavourable news. I’ll become depressed because of life; it occurs to everyone.
I’m more inclined to make blunders when I’m not feeling well. I run out of patience. Moreover, I speak in an unkind manner. I sometimes damage other people unintentionally, yet it still happens. Nobody deserved to be treated poorly just because I’m having a bad day, not my buddy, not my coworker, not my spouse, not my kids, not even a stranger. It has therefore been crucial for me to acquire a lesson in retrospective kindness – how to sincerely apologise.
It’s never simple to achieve that. A humbling experience is admitting you were wrong and taking responsibility for your poor deeds. A genuine apology makes you feel exposed, vulnerable, and unbearably uncomfortable. But it also gives you a deeper appreciation for both yourself and other people, and hopefully, it gives you the compassion to steer clear of the same painful course in the future.
Here are my five awkward steps for apologising sincerely, as described by someone who has had to consume their fair share of humble pie:-
– Name what you did wrong.
– Use empathy.
– Make it all about you.
– Keep explanations brief.
– Let it go.
You’re going to occasionally offend someone’s sentiments while you’re in a relationship with them. A real, genuine apology (whether delivered in person or via text) might help defuse the situation and restart your relationship. Read this article to learn all you require to know about apologising to your lover and winning his forgiveness if you’re having problems coming up with the right words.
– Give him some space if he needs it. :- “Hey, I just wanted to check in on you. How are you doing?”
– Be clear about why you’re apologizing. :- “It wasn’t cool to snap at you earlier. You were just trying to help, and I overreacted.”
– Be genuine and sincere. :- “You know I didn’t mean it like that.”
– Make a clear “I’m sorry” statement. :- “I wanted to apologize for hurting your feelings.”
– Explain what happened. :- “I had a super hard day at work, so I was a little on edge. I’m really sorry I let that affect the way that I talked to you.”
– Take responsibility for your actions. :- “I really messed up. And I shouldn’t have said that to you. I reacted out of anger without thinking, and that was my fault.”
– Listen to your boyfriend’s perspective.
– Validate your boyfriend’s feelings. :- “It makes a lot of sense why you felt that way. Thank you for sharing that with me.” ; “I totally understand where you’re coming from. I’d probably feel the same way in your position.”
– Explain how you’ll change in the future. :- “Next time, I’ll ask you to clarify what you mean before I snap at you. That way, we can avoid any miscommunication.”
– Ask your boyfriend for forgiveness. :- “Thanks for hearing me out. Can you forgive me?”; “Again, I’m really sorry. Is there any way you can forgive me?”
– Work on changing your behaviour. :- “I’ve been working on controlling my anger lately. Have you noticed anything different?”
You must be thinking about how to apologise to your girlfriend in order to repair the damage done to your relationship with your lady love. And it’s best to acknowledge your errors and offer an apology.
– Understand why she’s upset. :- “I’ve realized that I hurt you at the dinner party. It’s entirely my fault. I feel ashamed and embarrassed of what I have done.”
– Acknowledge her feelings. :- “I know you’re upset, and you have every right to be.”
– Admit your faults to her. :- “I deeply regret causing you pain. I know it wasn’t easy for you to bear my improper behaviour.”
– Be truthful to her.
– Talk to her.
– Make eye contact with her.
– Call or text her.
– Listen to her.
– Say sorry to her without using the word “but”.
– Tell her you won’t repeat it.
– Seek her advice. :- “Let me know if there is anything I can do to make amends or make things right?”
– Give her space.
– Surprise her with a night out.
– Give her a gift. :- “I’m sorry, I am willing to listen to your feelings because I care about you and believe we can work this out.”
– Write to her. :- “I know that I hurt you deeply, and that causes me immense pain. I never intended to hurt you, but I realized that my words were out of line.”
– Write a poem to her.
– Spend quality time with her.
– Cook for her.
– Give her a massage.
– Give her a photo collage.
– Tell her how much you miss her. :- “I’m sorry for breaking the heart of a wonderful person like you.”
– Tell her she is important to you.
– Give her a kiss.
– Apologize to her Publicly.
When we have a very hectic schedule, we occasionally battle with time management. We lag behind because we are human. Or we took more time than we anticipated to consider our reply. Or perhaps our overflowing inboxes prevented us from seeing it.
Although it’s nice to apologise for being late, it’s crucial to know when you should do so. Does it always require an apology when a response is a few days late? No. Should you also apologise for reacting a few weeks late to a project that has a deadline? Sure. However, if your email isn’t urgent (such as setting up a meeting with an old coworker), omit the apologies and get to the point.
– Thank you for your patience
– Lunch on me for the delayed response!
– Huge props to you for always staying on top of emails!
– I’ve been working on x / I’ve been out of the office
– I spent some time thinking about a response and…
– I’d hoped to respond sooner, but…
– I was looking through my drafts, and I realized I never sent this
As we are talking about the best way to make it up to Lovers by different ways to say Sorry. So here are 101+ Best Love Quotes and Thoughts of All Time with Images – Best Love Quotes
So, that’s all about feeling sorry quotes you should know about. Let us know how you liked the article. 😀