Well, I guess we all have turned into a punching bag during this lockdown. But that’s not a problem, all we need to do is lose some weight and get back on the track. It’s always said that gaining weight is difficult and losing weight is easier. You might think that the statement is not justified, try it on your own. A Cardio exercise helps you to stay lean and build up your muscles. This cardio workout forms a part of your daily routine, to maintain a prominent bodyweight. Lots of people consider just running on the treadmill is all that we can do in cardio. But there are quite many exercises that you can do, not only in the gym but also at home. Cardio workout for weight loss can be done anywhere at any time. These exercises are fat burning and also increase your stamina.
A cardio workout has always been one of the most effective workouts, to maintain a stable life. While doing the cardio exercises to lose weight it also improves your lung capacity and reduces the risk of heart diseases and diabetes. Doing cardio workout for 30 minutes a day is beneficial to your body. As per Christie Larson a certified trainer, she says that “I recommend doing high-intensity cardio one or three times a week, and then complement it with low impact strength training for two to four times a week”. Most of the time some exercises require resistant bands, dumbbells, and Matt. So here we are with the best cardio workout for weight loss. You need to try these cardio exercises to lose weight.
Table of contents
- Here is a list of expert-approved best cardio workout for weight loss:
- 1. Stair climbing
- 2. Burpees
- 3. Jump Rope
- 4. Jump squats
- 5. Plank
- 6. Bicycle crunches
- 7. Cycling
- 8. Swimming
- 9. Rowing
- 10. Sprinting
- Some frequently asked Questions:
Now before you start, if you are completely new to fitness and workouts. we recommend you to go through the basics before starting to work out. So here are a few Fitness Tips for beginners on How to Start Exercising and stick to it-Explained. Every link in the article will open in New Tab so finish reading the link above and come back here. We will be waiting 🙂
Here is a list of expert-approved best cardio workout for weight loss:
- Stair climbing
- Jump rope
- Jump squats
- Crab plank
- Bicycle crunches
Here is a list of expert-approved best cardio workout for weight loss:
1. Stair climbing
Stair climbing is one of the best workouts for weight loss, that burns fat and calories instantly. As per statistics, it can burn around 550 cal for an 80 KG person. All of this happens because it uses more muscles, more stamina than just walking.
Full body, especially legs and stomach.
Benefits of stair climbing
- It burns more calories rather than walking or running.
- Your heart rate increases due to which fat burning increases and calorie count decrease.
- It helps in building your muscles strong
- It engages most of the major muscles in your body like glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps, abs, and calves.
- This exercise also makes your bones stronger and increases your stamina in your body.
- It can cure problems on thighs, buttocks, tummy, and calves.
- You can do this cardio workout anywhere because most of the places you find stairs
- It prevents you from heart diseases and diabetes
- You can also add weights to make it more effective.
How to do Stair climbing?
First of all, you need to figure out stairs nearby you and climb them pressurizing your legs and at a good speed. You need the confidence to Carry out this exercise. Many times people step up and down on a single stare rather than climbing wall. You can customize it by holding weights, jumping, stretching, or keep it simple. You can crawl, jog, walk, jump, or climb.
This is one of the most effective cardio exercises to lose weight; it can burn almost 10 cal a minute. You can almost perform this exercise 15-20 times in a minute. There can be variations, depending upon the ease of doing it. It helps in burning fat and also increasing your stamina.
It is a callisthenics exercise which takes in the whole body.
Benefits of Burpees:
- It can burn almost 10 cal in a minute
- This cardio workout will strengthen your lungs and heart
- It is effective as it increases the heart rate due to which calories burned faster
- Burpees improve the blood circulation
- It lowers down the BP and hence is the best cardio exercise to lose weight.
- Keeps intact the cholesterol level
- It improves body functioning and brain functioning.
- This cardio workout can be performed anywhere at any time.
How to do Burpees perfectly?
- First of all, make a squat position by bending your knees on the shoulder level and back straight.
- Lower your hands in the front and then kick back your feet, this will lend you up on toes and hands only. You can also call this a push-up position.
- Now reverse yourself and bring back your toes and hands into the earlier position also known as the frog kick.
- Stand and stretch your arms over your head.
- Jump in the air and then again sit into the squad position.
3. Jump Rope
Jump rope, one of the best cardio exercises we are doing from childhood. Skipping has always been fun rather than exercise. It helps in burning calories and maintaining a proper body structure.
It focuses on legs, arms and slightly on the belly fat
Benefits of jump rope
- It improves coordination, where you need to use hands and legs together.
- It reduces any ankles and feet injuries
- Jumping can burn more than 1300 cal in one hour and is one of the best cardio exercises to lose weight
- This is a fun job rather than exercise
- Skipping can also improve bone density and make you stronger.
- If you’re planning to make muscles then this is the best exercise
- Jumping increases your heart rate and also makes your heart stronger
- It can help you stay calm and relaxed.
How to do Jump Rope exercise?
- Stand in a straight position, with your spine Straight. Hold a skipping rope behind your body.
- Keep your hands or feet away from your body
- Swing the Hope and hope over it, taking the rope behind your body again.
- Use your wrists and hands to swing the rope
- Don’t break the flow, continuously do it for some time.
In case you are looking forward to reading a lot more in-depth about skipping as an exercise to lose weight. We recommend you to go forward with an article that focuses in-depth on skipping. Skipping for weight loss|Benefits|Effectiveness, Tips for Skipping rope & More
4. Jump squats
Well, jumping in a fun way can make your cardio much better and fun learning. This is also one of the best cardio workouts for weight loss, which burns quite many calories and also relaxes your muscles. It is a cardio exercise for men and women both.
Legs and abdomen
Benefits of jump squats
- It burns calories and fat much faster. By doing just 30 Jumps you can burn 100 calories.
- It helps to relax your muscles, tone your legs, and butt.
- It helps you maintain mobility and balance among the body
- Doing jump squats also boosts your performance and increases your stamina
- It maintains and improves the level of glucose, lipid, metabolism, and insulin sensitivity.
- The risk of heart diseases, obesity, hypertension, and diabetes is reduced
- This also eats bone health, making them stronger.
Health Recommendations: Looking to stay fit naturally? India’s leading nutrition and exercise science expert, Rujuta Diwekar has shared some tips on How To Stay Fit and Healthy Naturally. How To Stay Fit and Healthy Naturally By Rujuta Diwekar.
How to do Jump squats properly?
- Stand upright with your feet apart, on the shoulder Width. Keep your hands on the side of your body at first.
- Keep your hands in line with your chest, making it parallel to the floor and then push yourself into a squat position
- Jump high as possible and then relax your muscles
- Along with this move your hands behind your head simultaneously
- Come back to the normal position, and repeat this as many times as possible.
Planks are considered one of the most effective cardio workouts. Doing this requires lots of strength; people find it difficult most of the time. It is a cardio exercise for men and women both.
Abdomen, legs, arms (core body)
Benefits of plank
- They strengthen the muscles and also increase stamina
- Doing planks improves your body posture, prevents your body from developing any injuries and also aids effective weight loss
- It ensures confidence and self-assurance in the person
- Doing plank for 10 minutes can help your bones to be aligned
- Also helps to improve the functioning of your organs
- If you have any sort of back pain, this can also help you get rid of it
- Apart from this, it is one of the best exercises to maintain coordination and balance within your body
- Planks improve the flexibility of your body, especially making shoulders, and collar bone area and leg muscles stronger
- Planking also improves the metabolism in your body, helps in secretion of essential fluids
- It is a cardio exercise for men and women both.
How to do Crab plank perfectly?
- Lie down on your stomach in a straight position
- Slowly land up on your toes and arms, forming a push-up position
- Now bend your hands from the elbow, making a 90° angle.
- Keep your body straight line, with pressure on your abdomen
- Stay in the position this exercise
- Lie down on your stomach in a straight position for as much time as possible.
- Release yourself and relax your muscles by coming into a normal position again.
6. Bicycle crunches
We mostly prefer doing crunches, to reduce the belly fat. It is the best cardio exercise for men and women, to gain muscles and reduce weight. All those who are opting to get six packs abs this is the best.
Benefits of bicycle crunches
- This is one of the most important cardio exercises to lose weight, and burn calories instantly.
- It ensures that your whole body isn’t working, legs, arms, and abdomen.
- This also helps in muscle building, where your muscles gain, strength, energy, and power.
- It helps in making your stomach toned and flat.
- This is a cardio exercise for men and women.
- It maintains a good posture and helps you perform daily tasks.
- Keep self your motivation to do physical activities and sports.
How to do Bicycle crunches?
- Lay straight on the back with the knees stretched. Interlace your fingertips behind your head and lay your head softly on your thumbs. Hold your elbows pointed to the sides and trying to loosen your face.
- Place your lower back to the wall, leverage your spine to raise your shoulder blades off the wall, and bring your right leg to the chest while you move your body to the right side. Hold straight on the left hip.
- Reverse the action by straightening your right leg as you raise your left leg and pull it up towards your body as you move your torso to the left knee.
- Keep repeating, and start flipping legs and spinning faster to bring in an aerobic dimension until you’ve mastered the proper shape. Even, the whole action will keep the lower back on the surface. It is one of the best cardio exercises to lose weight.
Cycling is one of the most fun learning exercises that we have done from our childhood. Now it depends upon you whether you want real cycling or a machine that is easily available anywhere. Do it as it is very beneficial for your body, helping in burning as many calories as possible while enjoying the weather outside. It is one of the best cardio exercises to lose weight
Benefits of cycling
- It helps in weight management, by increasing your metabolism and building muscles
- Its tendons your legs because cycling involves leg muscles. If you don’t do leg press or squats this is the best cardio exercise to lose fat.
- If you are a beginner then you can start with cycling itself
- It is a core workout that affects your whole body, supports your spine, and increases stability.
- Cycling and also boost mental health, it can keep you calm and patient
- People suffering from cancer can opt to do cycling as it helps in reducing side-effects.
- If you have any medical conditions, cycling is the best workout
- It prevents you from any heart attack, BP, stroke, etc
- Cycling improves posture, coordination, and balance amongst your body
- You can burn 400 cal in one hour
In case you are looking forward to doing some cycling at home. We have created a list of Best Exercise Cycles for Home Use in India with Features and Buy Links. Go check them out. (Don’t worry the link will open in New Tab)
How to do cycling properly?
- Well, most of us are aware of how to do cycling. Either you can have a cycle to step on it and move around enjoying the lovely weather.
- On the other hand, you can purchase a cycling machine that keeps you stationary at a position and helps you in an effective workout.
Swimming is one of the best total body workouts that can burn almost 14 cal in one minute. It is a perfect cardio workout for weight loss, fun learning and enjoyable.
Benefits of swimming
- There are various benefits of swimming, As it burns many calories and aids weight loss.
- It is also a recreational activity that helps you relax and feel good
- It keeps your heart rate high and relaxes your body
- Its strengthens your muscles and cardiovascular fitness
- Swimming keeps your heart healthy, lungs working and weight normally.
- It turns your muscles and helps in bodybuilding.
- Swimming activates all your muscles
- It brings in coordination and balance.
- Increases the stamina and helps you fight injuries
How to do swimming for weight loss?
Swimming is a very professional activity you need a trainer to learn it. It is always said that swimming is an inbuilt feature of the human body. All you need to do is stop hearing from Water and dive in. It is one of the best cardio exercises to lose fat
Performing this exercise, you may require a rowing machine. Spending money on the rowing machine is worse because it is one of the best cardio workouts for weight loss. It can increase your stamina burn calories.
Mainly Legs and abdomen, but impacts full body
Benefits of rowing
- It is the full-body workout that requires upper and lower muscles.
- As it is the cardio workout, it increases your heart race and burns calories
- It helps in creating coordination among your body and makes your body lean
- This exercise increases the stamina and strengthens the lungs and heart.
- You can almost 600-1000 cal in one hour, which is effective in weight loss
- This exercise employs most of the important muscles.
- It keeps your body balance and improves posture
- Skin also mental health
How to do rowing exercise?
If you’re doing it with a machine, all you need to do is follow instructions. The machine is quite easy to use. Just keep your feet and pull the handle, and start burning calories.
- Adjust your feet and bend your knees, pressurizing your ankles.
- Fold great handle and keep the district
- Make sure that your arms are straight.
- The next step is pushing your feet and moving backward, similarly pulling the handle stretching your elbows backward.
- Release yourself in the first position and continue doing this for at least 15 minutes.
Another cardio workout for weight loss, forming a part of your daily routine. You don’t require any machine to perform this exercise; you can do it anywhere at any time possible. There are various benefits to performing this exercise. Let’s delve deep into it. It is one of the best cardio exercises to lose fat, so now start burning your calories.
Lower body and intensive muscles workout
Benefits of sprinting
- It helps improve your body composition, brings a spark to muscles, and improves the body ratio with all the nutrition.
- It can help you get rid of fast aging and make your muscles stronger.
- This can also improve cardiovascular health and maintain a healthy heart
- It can reduce stress and make you feel better
- This can improve metabolism and helps in proper body functioning.
- It can improve the glucose level in your body and also reduce insulin sensitivity.
- If you have diabetes this is the best way to get rid of it.
How to do sprinting for weight loss?
- First of all decide a place to run, start with jogging on the track for a few minutes.
- Keep on stretching your body for some time, just as a warm-up exercise.
- Start with sprinting slowly and then increase your intensity.
- You can take breaks in between for 2-5 minutes
- Make sure that taking breaks increases your stamina rather than decreasing it
- If you want better performance you can prefer running high Hills.
Some frequently asked Questions:
Doing cardio for losing weight is one of the best ways, you can start from 20 minutes and then slowly increase your cardio workout to 60 minutes. Don’t aim for 60 minutes on the first day itself, it will take time to build your stamina
As said before, Increase your stamina and then proportionately increase the period. In terms of months, it depends upon your body. If you are an obese person it might take you almost 1 year to reduce weight. But then cardio is not just about losing weight, you need to do it regularly to maintain your body structure.
It is better to do cardio rather than strength training. It’s always prescribed to do cardio and then jump to strengthening after losing weight. This is because strength training only increases your stamina. Most of the people also recommend doing strength training continuously with cardio to increase stamina; this is also not a bad choice
Working out 30 minutes a day to lose weight is sufficient. Make sure that you do a rigorous workout and keep a check on your diet plan. 30 minutes for seven days is the best option
It’s better to do cardio first and then weights. Cardio will slowly and steadily improve your body muscles, open up your body muscles, and heat your body.
Swimming is the best cardio exercise, swimming for 45 minutes a day can burn 700 cal almost. It has various benefits as it includes the whole body. Apart from this, you can also prefer rowing as it burns the same number of calories in one hour.
Yes, you can just do cardio to lose weight. It is one of the most preferred methods. Doing cardio helps mainly in burning calories and reducing weight.
Swimming is the best cardio exercise, swimming for 45 minutes a day can burn 700 cal almost. It has various benefits as it includes the whole body. Apart from this, you can also prefer rowing as it burns the same number of calories in one hour. It is a cardio exercise for men and women both.
No, doing excess of cardio will not gain your weight. This can only happen when you eat inappropriately and maintain an unhealthy lifestyle